Friday, August 5, 2011

Buckets.

My iPhone lights up and my Mom's name is blazing across the screen in bright, white letters. As I hesitate and dance to my ring tone before picking up, I'm already knowing this call will be interesting.

G: "Hello?"
Mom: "Hi, Geeenah."
G: "Hi, Mom. How are you?"
Mom: "I'm doing reel well; I called to talk to yew about the wedding."
G: "Of course, what's up?"
Mom: "Yew need to come ova on Friday and see da buckets."
G: "Mom, what do we need buckets for?"
Mom: *exaggerated gasp* "All of you need da buckets!!!!"
G: "But.. for what?"
Mom: "Geeeenah."
G: "Mom..."
Mom: "I will take care of da buckets. Yew don't need to worry about dem."
G: "Okay... but can you explain what they are?"
Mom: *heaves an annoyed sigh* "THEY ARE THE BUNCHES OF FLOWERS YOU CARRY!!!"
G: "Bouquets?!!!!"
Mom: "DATS WHAT I SED -- BUCKETS!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment