Thursday, April 14, 2011

Introducing: The Boss & Nel

I recently got transferred to another position. I’m now working for an agency, which I will not specify for reasons that I learned during my security briefing. So, just playing it safe. Speaking of my security briefing, please take note: don’t ever think that homeless man you walk by everyday is really just a homeless man. Just saying.
Working here has been amazing so far. Well, amazing compared to where I was before. I love my boss, but I got pretty tired of being his personal assistant. He was annoying and always all up in my business. Yes, a micro-manager and not to mention, NEEDY. I couldn't even go to the bathroom for five minutes without coming back to more than one person making me feel like I was in trouble because he couldn’t find me.
“Were you looking for me?”
“Yes, where were you?”
“In the bathroom…”
“Oh…Ok, can you clean my desk?”

Seriously? So when he told me that he had a new position for me, I was on board before he even told me what it was. I don’t think I even asked until I was waiting on my security stuff to pass. He’s not all bad though. The Boss is my homie. He taught me all he could about the industry and let me participate and work on things I otherwise wouldn’t have had the chance to without years of experience. He was also very understanding of the fact that my responsibilities of being a mother to my 4 (almost 5…omg) year-old daughter sometimes interfered with my timeliness and attendance. I was late at least three times a week due to a fashion argument. Thank goodness for uniforms next year! Yes, apparently pre-schoolers judge each other by what they wear. It’s pretty sad.
Speaking of that crazy girl, Nel got accepted to the catholic school at our parish. Let me tell you, signing her up was like applying to college. We did the tour, filled out her extensive application for admissions, then dropped it off and had to wait in suspense for months for an acceptance packet to come in the mail. So, when we got it, we were so excited! And when I say we, I mean my husband and I. I think this was her reaction... Cool. Can I have a piece of gum?”

2 comments:

  1. LOL, my favorite parts of your post: “Oh…Ok, can you clean my desk?” & “Cool. Can I have a piece of gum?”

    And I agree, a homeless man may be anything BUT homeless. Wait, are you saying.. he's a SPY?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That homeless man part made me LOL cuz they tell us the same thing. Yes MT - he could be a spy!! ("just saying" lol)

    ReplyDelete