Thursday, April 14, 2011

Metro. Love. Sushi.

I loooove all of the posts that my girls have submitted thus far. I can't believe I didn't even know we had a joint blog until today!

It's a beautiful Thursday in DC and I can't wait to leave the office so I can... TAKE THE BLUE LINE HOME! ... I hate the metro. It gives me a headache and people do the weirdest things on there. This one girl yesterday thought it was her private sanctuary to pick little shits off her face. It was beyond gross. Although, people watching is always fun. I prefer the orange line to the blue line as the blue line is filled with old people, and the orange line offers a more diverse age group in which I could possibly stare at hotties while waiting to arrive at my stop. It's a fantasy, I guess, because I've never really happened upon anyone worth oogling at while at/on the metro.

On to more serious topics.. my life has really gone in so many directions in the last 7 or so years. Why 7? Because that's when it all started. I lived beyond my means, loved someone who was addicted to meth, never tried hard enough in school and ultimately that's lead me to the place I am in today: Humbled. I'm paying for my irresponsiblity today and while sometimes it gets overwhelming, I had to go through this to learn that it's OK to fall and to get back up again.

It's funny where life has taken me. Never, ever in a million years did I think he'd be back in my life... the love of my life is no longer doing meth. I am so happy when I'm with him. I've never felt like this with anyone before, not even with my most recent ex. It's hard to trust again, to risk putting myself back into the exact same position I was in not too long ago. He is a completely different person now. The kind of person I wish he had been all along. I know that we needed to go through this ordeal to make a relationship in the future a healthy one. While I have no idea if it will work out for us in the end, I am preparing myself for the best and the worst outcome. While I love him to pieces, I have to be prepared to have my heart broken again. Could this be my downfall? Believing that the one I love most won't hurt me again?

Well, that was most revealing! Tunnel vision, I may add because so many great things have happened in that time frame, also. I have read and re-read what I posted about my relationship and I want to delete it, but I think it'd be good to just let it out and leave it.

ANYWAYZ! If you have not been to Maté in Georgetown yet, I suggest you go! It's not the best sushi (BEACUSE THAT TITLE BELONGS TO MIYAGI IN MCLEAN (BEST SPECIALTY ROLLS, EVAR)) but their Corazon Roll is most delicious! It's the sushi roll topped with a slice of strawberry. It has a slice of scallop underneath the strawberry and inside the roll is: plantain, jalapeno, and some type of white fish! The surrounding: spicy tuna rolls, volcano rolls, and salmon sashimi... *drools

Now, I'm hungry... I have a delicious frozen pizza waiting for me.

PS - I can't wait to see you guys tomorrow! I want warm flourless chocolate waffle. Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment